Cultural institution in Hall in Tirol | Austria
The Kulturlabor Stromboli is a cultural institution in the town of Hall. Surrounded by the beautiful mountainous countryside of Tyrol. It was established in 1989 with the aim of creating a venue for a lively cultural revival in the area. Today the Kulturlabor Stromboli, situated near to the metropolitan city Innsbruck, is one of the most diverse culture and communications hubs in this area and is well known throughout Austria. It holds over 100 events over the year.
At a regional level the Kulturlabor Stromboli works as a very successful platform for artistic exchanges and features an ever growing cultural network for artists in the local scene. As well as concerts and theatre you can find literature readings, cabaret, open air events, discussion groups, presentations, parties and a strong children´s program running on a very regular basis. There is also a thriving youth scene with a well known and established bar and coffee house which has grown in reputation over the years.
Experimentation and the trying out of new ideas is the motto of the organisation. This culture enables endless possibilities and new cultural adventures to be ventured into and enjoyed. It is a real bubbling cultural volcano situated in the middle of the Alps!!
Information about Hall
Hall is a small town with around 13,500 inhabitants and it lays in the middle of the Inn valley around 10km East of the main city in Tyrol, Innsbruck. Its location means it is a favourite destination for visitors coming from all around the world, both in summer and winter alike.
The old beautiful tasteful architecture in the old town of Hall give you a glimpse of the importance of Hall throughout the history of Austria. Going right back to the middle ages, Hall was one of the most important economic centres in North Tyrol through the trade in Salt. Today Hall is a thriving small town with a vibrant and diverse range of individual shops, cafes and bars. Since 2002 Hall has also been a university town - Umit is a private university for health sciences, medicine and IT.
Hall offers a wide range of free time activities from sports and nature as well as cultural highlights which is where the Kulturlabor Strombolli plays a large role. For an even broader range of activities Innsbruck is very quickly and easily accessible with public transport in 10 – 20 mins.
Now the Kulturlabor Stromboli is looking, for the first time, to strengthen its team with a volunteer from another EU country.
Time period: From the 10th of September 2016 to the 10th of July 2017, 10 months.
- Comfortable working environment in a small friendly team.
- Help with everyday questions and queries.
- An apartment.
- Food included.
- German course.
- Many opportunities for conversational German language practice.
- Experience in many different and varied areas of work.
- Opportunities for proactively working in creative projects.
- General office duties (reservations, general organisation, filing, computer work).
- Working with social media and other new media forms.
- Assisting in communication and PR.
- Supporting with the organising and implementation of individual events.
- Assisting in all areas of the bar.
- Children´s events: helping with workshops and working on school projects.
- Working with refugees.
- Working with people from 2 – 99 years old.
- Interest in working within a cultural work environment.
- Interest in working with social media.
- Interest in working with various and different groups of people.
- Good at working alone or as part of a team.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Willingness to learn.
- Fluent at English and enthusiasm for learning German.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Flexibility and open Nature.